In 2015 TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site, has registered a tremendous increase in the number of reviews that leave the members of its multinational community. By the end of January over 290 million reviews about 5,3 million facilities in more than 126 000 tourist centers were posted on TripAdvisor.
2015: numbers and trends
The analysis has revealed the most interesting travel trends of 2015:
- The most active users shared their impressions about London; TripAdvisor visitors have left 881 991 reviews about this city on the website. In Russia the palm belongs to Moscow, which attracted a total of 128 542 reviews.
- The maximum number of requests for bookings on TripAdvisor was made on the 27th of July 2015.
- Eiffel tower became the most reviewed sight worldwide. Among the Russian attractions the biggest number of reviews (3 633 users) were left to describe the State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg.
- Among individual countries, the greatest increase of users was registered in South Korea.
- There are 13 047 words in the longest review of the year on TripAdvisor.
- Hotel Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora in French Polynesia on TripAdvisor gathered more requests for reservations than any other hotel in the world. The greatest number of reviews in Russia was left about AZIMUT Hotel Sochi.
"Thanks to reviews from real travelers on TripAdvisor we can get feedback from guests of AZIMUT Hotel Sochi and respond to all their comments,” - commented General Manager of AZIMUT Hotel Sochi Darius Juškenas. The reviews also enable us to know the needs of guests, to introduce new services (for example, we organized a free Shuttle to the ski resorts of Krasnaya Polyana) and to increase the level of service.”